Just Imagine Wickford – London Road
72-74 London Road
Monday – Friday: 07:00 – 19:00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on London Road, less than a 10-minute walk away from Wickford High Street.
Wickford train station is just 10 minutes walking distance away.
Situated on a main residential road, the nursery has its own car park area with plenty of spaces for drop off/ pick up.
Just Imagine Wickford – London Road
Rated Good by Ofsted (October 2022), we offer quality childcare to children aged 3 months to 5 years, our beautiful nursery boasts a home from home comfort that promotes a calm and relaxing atmosphere, where children feel comfortable exploring and learning throughout our many natural resource rich environments.
Our dedicated, passionate, and longstanding team ensure that every child’s individual needs are met, providing unique opportunities and experiences for children to develop their learning, social skills, and education in preparation for starting school.
At Wickford London Road we love connecting with nature and we have an innovative garden with space for everyone to enjoy the fresh air. The children enjoy growing fruits, vegetables, plants, and flowers and collecting natural materials for creative activities.
We strive for all children and families to flourish, and pride ourselves on establishing unique parent partnerships.
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
We have a safe place for you to store your buggy at our nursery.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Just Imagine Day Nursery
- Our baby room offers the perfect place to begin your child’s nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore, develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises.
- Our toddler room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take the children on walks around the local area
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings.
- Our preschool environment supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance and strength
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in smaller groups, to focus on learning life skills, preparing the children for their next step into school.
- In our garden children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area
- Our garden is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
Hello, my name is Nicky Green, I am the Nursery Manager here at Just Imagine Wickford London Road, I have worked in childcare for over 23 years and joined Just Imagine in 2008, I hold an NNEB Diploma in Early Years and childcare.
Being a mother myself, I understand the concerns and worries of parents when choosing a new nursery and the difficulties of being separated from their children, that’s why at nursery we ensure a safe and secure, yet warm and inviting, environment for both children and parents, with natural resources we provide a calming and relaxing experience throughout our setting. I am passionate about ensuring that every child that comes into our care receives the individual support and care they need to progress their learning and development in readiness for their big futures.
Our dedicated, longstanding and passionate team actively promote learning through play and devise planning and activities around the children’s interests keeping them engaged and enthusiastic every single day, working together cooperatively, sharing our ideas and taking part in team building days, our team is one big support network and we are here to ensure that families have the best possible childcare solution that fulfils their needs and requirements but also assures that their children are in the best hands.
Hello, my name is Kelsey Frost, I have recently taken on the role of Deputy Manager here at Just Imagine Wickford London Road but have been a Deputy Manager working across multiple nursery sites for over 11 years. I hold a level 3 BTEC diploma qualification in early years.
My passion is ensuring that every child, no matter their background, receives an outstanding education, and the team here at Wickford nursery play a vital role in ensuring that it is achieved.
The first 5 years of a child’s development are fundamental to the future of the rest of their lives and by listening to each other, making decisions together and working as one unified team of expert practitioners we ensure that every child receives the best opportunities to succeed.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 24th February, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.